What makes a SUCCESSFUL HSML student?
- Your schedule should allow for regular class attendance.
- Sit down at your computer about 5 minutes before class begins. Have your homework and questions readily accessible so YOU are prepared for class.
- Complete your homework as assigned. Check solutions if applicable before class. Know which questions you want discussed in class. BE PREPARED! Math concepts build upon themselves quickly and must be practiced and repeated to be mastered thus providing the necessary skills to do well on assessments.
- Participate in class. Ask questions. Answer questions. Students are encouraged to use private chats to teacher and remember ALL chat messaging is recorded and stored.
- Be self-disciplined to stay focused during class. Limit possible distractions.
- Take excellent notes in an organized notebook.
- Turn in your weekly assignments on time! Be accountable for deadlines.
- After an absence, review the class recording and complete assigned work as soon as possible. Ask questions on concepts that you do not understand.
What if you need additional support?
- Re-watch class recordings. This will help you review for assessments and remind you how to correctly work out problems. Take notes AGAIN!
- Ask questions in class. Answer questions in class. Let your teacher know what's going on!
- Check out helpful free websites like www.khanacademy.org.
- Review your class notes in OneNote.
- Ask your teacher for additional practice problems.
- Need a tutor? Ask your teacher for information.