What are HSML's expectations of the parent?
- Good internet connection and a headset with a microphone are required.
- Each week, the parent will receive the quiz or test in their email and print it for the student. The parent will proctor the quiz or test and then return it to the teacher as a single PDF file by the designated time.
- Depending on the student, it may be necessary for the parent to:
- ensure that the student attends class.
- ensure that the student is engaged in class, working problems as requested and asking/answering questions during class.
- help the student learn to take notes during a live class environment. Taking notes is an important tool for any subject. Look over their notes and provide suggestions.
- check to see that homework is being completed, checked and corrected. There is time in each class that is dedicated to answering homework questions.
- It is the parent's responsibility to view the student's personal OneNote file weekly to see updates on grades and read teacher feedback on assessments.
- Encourage and teach your student how to stay organized.
What can the parent expect from HSML teachers?
High School Math Live has a very strong group of instructors. We believe that you will find that they exceed your expectations as we partner with you for your child's mathematical success!
- HSML teachers adhere to a high standard of professionalism both in the communication of mathematical principles and in the relationships with the students and the parents.
- HSML teachers are prepared for lessons and listen to student feedback to adjust lessons as needed.
- HSML teachers grade and return assessments very quickly so that the student and parent can monitor progress.
- HSML teachers are available for tutoring students as-needed. This can be before or after class or at a time that is convenient to both student and teacher.
- HSML teachers include parents on every email that we send to the students.
- HSML will supply a numerical grade, based upon quizzes and tests, to the parent for use on a transcript that is created and managed by the parent.
- HSML teachers are just an email away if you need to contact them for any reason.