What are HSML's expectations of the parent?
- Each week, the parent will receive the quiz or test in their email and print it for the student. The parent will proctor the quiz or test and then return it to the teacher as one PDF file.
- Depending on the student, it may be necessary for the parent to help ensure that the student attends class and gives his/her full attention to the teacher during class which includes participating and answering questions from the teacher.
- Check to see that homework is being completed, checked and corrected if applicable.
- Taking notes is an important tool for any subject. Look over their notes and provide suggestions.
- Discuss with your student their grades. Do you need to contact the teacher?
- Encourage and teach your student how to stay organized.
What can the parent expect from HSML teachers?
High School Math Live has a very strong group of instructors. We believe that you will find that they exceed your expectations as we partner with you for your child's mathematical success!
- HSML teachers adhere to a high standard of professionalism both in the communication of mathematical principles and in the relationships with the students and the parents.
- HSML teachers are prepared for lessons and listen to student feedback to adjust lessons as needed.
- HSML teachers grade and return assessments very quickly so that the student and parent can monitor progress.
- HSML teachers include parents on every email that we send to the students.
- HSML teachers are just an email away if you need to contact them for any reason.