Our teachers are independent contractors, credentialed and experienced. They will brighten your day by conveying their love of mathematics through interactive and engaging live classes so you don't have to! Our instruction is of the highest quality and we provide excellence but not conformity - variation among teachers and their teaching style should be expected. Some of our subjects are taught by one teacher, but some subjects allow you to have an opportunity to choose between teachers. If your schedule allows you to choose between teachers, check out their bio page, read comments from parents, and watch class recordings to help you decide which particular teacher will connect with your child the best.
From our 2018 Surveys:
- I think you guys are doing great. I appreciate the use of the One Note website for grades and quiz and test corrections. It is nice to have all that information in one place.
- This is our first experience with HSML. It far surpasses previous experiences with other math curriculums. We have been very impressed with the thorough content and he professionalism of the teachers.
- Classroom participation is something that helps my kids feel like it is important for them to be present during class time rather than just watching a video recording.
- Thank you for providing knowledgeable, qualified teachers who are very professional and timely in their grading and feedback. These are the most important qualities to us for an online class.
- Well worth the tuition - well taught and administrated!
- I love being able to have an online class that is real-time (with certified math teachers) with the ability to rewatch or tune in later if life happens. I enjoy teaching all of the other subjects so HSML is great in that I can outsource my weakness while still enjoying the benefits of homeschooling. My son doesn't have to sit behind a computer for all subjects, something neither of us wants.
- Absolutely! Best decision I ever made in homeschool (other than to start!) was scrapping my plan to do Pre-Algebra with my son and sending him to HSML. Once I saw the professionalism here when enrolling my daughter for Algebra I, I thought, why am I fighting this? Pre-Algebra is already in the range where I start having a hard time explaining the "why" of math concepts, and this has freed me from my daily early morning effort of correcting and then explaining my students' errors. It's also relieved my kids of the frustration of waiting on a mom who just has to work too hard at math herself to be their best teacher in this department.
- Best online math class we’ve experienced so far. We’ve done two others and they weren’t as good.
- Very thankful for he partnership and the integrity of HSML. Outstanding support and communication. Excellent instruction for my kids.